Sunday 18 January 2015

Obasanjo Endorses Amosun

                         
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday endorsed the re-election of Ogun state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosu


The former president was speaking at his Abeokuta Hiltop residence while receiving Igbo leaders from Ogun and Lagos States.
He said: “In 2011, we were not together; though we were together before and I campaigned against him. But, see what he has been able to do in the last three and half years in the state. I cannot sacrifice performance for party.”

He then called on South-east indigenes resident in Ogun State to vote for the governor in the February 28 governorship election.

He added: “I never dream of having a bridge on dry land in Ogun State in my life time. Yes, we have Ogun River, where there is a bridge, but, on a dry land. Go to Ijebu, Sagamu and Ota. I am seeing bridges, not even one or two.

“This is a development that some of us in our 60s, 70s even 50s would have thought would be a mirage during our life time. Apart from this, it will bring development that future governments shall be major beneficiaries.

“So, my people, I am not talking about other elections. I have come to tell you that in order to appreciate what this personality has been able to do in the last three and half years, let us give him our votes”He concluded.

No comments: