Wednesday 11 March 2015

How Gay Men Kept Me Away From Fashion Shows- Lagos Designer Marco Martinez



Famed Lagos designer Paul- Ade Martins is about to make his debut on the runway after 12years in designing at the 2015 African Fashion week. A said Journalist decided to inquire of him what kept his designs off the run way this long despite being the designer of “Boys are not smiling” by Terry Tha Rap Man, “ DJJ” Snap back for DJ, Jimmy Jatt, founding designer for 20th September wear for Rugged Man; the hunky designer however took a deep breath, smiled before spitting out the unbelievable.

“First, I felt I was not ready; because from experience, I discovered clients get disappointed when they get close to a designer they have admired on television because the finishing is not good, so I wanted to ensure I get my finishing right …” Have you gotten it right as at today? The journalist asked, “Yes, but one thing that kept me away again is the dirty life style in the fashion industry.

Imagine a man hitting at you as a guy, you start running just to avoid him. I am not judging no one but I feel uncomfortable when I see the male to male and female to female s3xual activities and this kept me off for a long time. As at today, I have put measures in place to check them.

Marco is the CEO of Marco Martinez, he is a graduate of electrical engineering from the University of Lagos.

No comments: